Masor Tenga is a favourite Assamese delicacy mostly enjoyed with hot rice. Here's how to make it.
1. Wash fish (any variant) and marinate with mustard and salt
2. 6-7 pieces of Thekera Tenga ( kokum), soaked in water for 1 hour
3. Mustard oil
4. 1/2 tsp mustard seed
5. 1 whole red chilly
6. Turmeric powder
7. ½ teaspoon sugar
8. Salt to taste
• Heat the oil in a pan.
• Shallow fry the fish till golden brown and keep aside in kitchen paper.
• Now, pour a little oil in the pan and add mustard seeds, chilly, turmeric powder, and salt according to taste.
• Add the thekera tenga and fry the ingredients for 1 minute.
• Add the thekera soaked water, along with another glass of water, cook for a minute.
• Now add the fried fish and cook for another 10 minutes.
• Serve hot with rice.