Guwahati, April 27: In view of rapid and unabated increase in number of COVID-19 cases in Assam, the state government imposed night curfew throughout the state from tonight.
An order issued by the State Chief Secretary Jishnu Baruah has mentioned that night curfew will remain enforced from 8 PM to 5 AM. It has come into effect tonight and remains in force till May 1. There will be a total ban on movement individuals during the night curfew period.
The exemptions associated with the order are as follows:
* All officials engaged in emergency services like health, police service, fire and emergency services, electricity, water, sanitation, home guards, civil service.
*Persons involved in public transport like air, railways and buses.
* All judicial officers and officials of courts in Assam.
* Journalists of print and electronic media on production of valid identity card.
* All private sector medical service personnel like doctors, nurses, paramedical staff and other hospital services.
* Pregnant women and patients being taken for treatment
*Diplomats on production of ID cards.
*No restriction on inter-state and intra-state movement of essentials.
* Movement of persons engaged in shops dealing in food, grocery items, fruits, vegetables, dairy products, milk, meat, fish, animal fodder. Pharmaceuticals, medicines, medical equipment
* Persons engaged in banks, insurance and ATMs
* Persons engaged in telecommunication, internet, cable services
* e-commerce delivery personnel
*Persons employed in petrol pumps, LPG, CNG storage and retail outlets
* Persons involved in power generation, transmission and distribution services
*Persons involved in cold storages and warehousing services
*Private security personnel
*Persons engaged in manufacturing of essential commodities.
*Persons engaged in production units which require continuous process
*Persons going for Covid vaccination.
Violation of the order will call for severe punishment under Sections 51 to 60 of the Disaster Management Act, 2005.