Guwahati, May 2: Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has issues following guidelines for COVID19 time operation for restaurants/bars/ banquest halls and other eateries as per the standing instructions of Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare :
1. Person above 65 years of age, persons with co-morbidities, pregnant woman and children below the age of 10 years are advised to
take necessary precautions in terms of maintaining physical distancing, wearing mask properly etc. Restaurant management to advise accordingly.
2. Wearing Mask: Compulsory wearing of masks by customers/ staff/ delivery
3. Reduce seating capacity: Reduce seating capacity to 50% (By removing/ marking
tables/ stools/ chairs not to be used)
4. COVID smart seating place: Adopt COVID smart seating place and ensure 6 ft. social
5. Encourage online delivery: Takeaways and home-delivery of food items should be
encouraged at all times. The staff for home deliveries shall be screened thermally by
the restaurant authorities prior to allowing home deliveries.
6. Follow Govt. instructions: Follow Govt. instructions issued from time to time
regarding timings for opening and closing of restaurants, related advisories etc.
7. Seating Arrangements: Outdoor seating arrangements should also be encouraged as
far as feasible
8. Cashless payment: Cashless payment modes may be adopted like online payments
9. Hand hygiene: Hand hygiene practice to be adopted to build a culture of safety in the
premises. (hand washing with soap or liquid soap for at least 40-60 seconds or use
alcohol based hand sanitizers for 20 seconds)
10. Respiratory etiquettes: Respiratory etiquettes to be followed strictly. If required
signage or notice for maintaining such etiquettes by all staff & customers should be
reinforced. This involves strict practice of covering one’s mouth and nose while coughing/sneezing with a tissue/handkerchief/flexed elbow and disposing off used tissues properly. Spitting shall be strictly prohibited.
11. Audio visual, print Advisories: Promote Government advisories/ safety messages
for COVID-19 through display/ TVs, run audio reminders/messages etc. if feasible
12. Digital / Disposable Menu: Menu can be displayed in digital forms/ display boards
instead of circulating menu cards to promote contactless systems. Disposable menus
can also be used.
13. Thermal Screening: Thermal screening of all staff and visitors should be ensured at
the restaurant entrance. Only Asymptomatic persons should be allowed in the
14. Sanitization premises: Restaurant premises should be sanitized frequently or at
15. Queue management: Proper queue management at the entrance and at billing
counters should be arranged with specific markings for social distancing measures.
No. of persons in queue at a time can be specified as per size availability of the
16. Management of Parking Lots: Proper crowd management inside the premises,
parking lots and outside the premises – duly following physical distancing norms shall
be ensured by the management/ any out-sourced agencies.
17. Valet parking: Valet parking, if available, shall be operational with operating staff
wearing face covers/ masks and gloves as appropriate. A proper disinfection of
steering, door handles, keys, etc. of the vehicles should be taken up.
18. Disposable Napkins: Instead of cloth napkins, use of good quality disposable paper
napkins to be encouraged.
19. Buffet service: Buffet service should also follow physical distancing norms
20. Elevator safety: Number of people in the elevators shall be restricted, duly
maintaining physical distancing norms.
21. Air-conditioning For air-conditioning/ventilation, the guidelines of CPWD shall be
followed which mentions that the temperature setting of all air conditioning devices
should be in the range of 24-30oC, relative humidity should be in the range of 40-70%,
intake of fresh air should be as much as possible and cross ventilation should be
22. Gatherings: Gatherings/congregation related with functions and celebrations should
be in accordance with the SOPs issued by the State Government from time to time.23. Sanitization of Premises: Effective and frequent sanitation within the premises shall be maintained with particular focus on lavatories, drinking and hand washing
24. Disinfection: Cleaning and regular disinfection (using 1% sodium hypochlorite) of
frequently touched surfaces (doorknobs, elevator buttons, handrails, benches,
washroom fixtures, etc.) to be made mandatory in all guest service area and common
25. Tables to be sanitized each time customer leaves.
26. Protective Gears: The restaurant authorities shall provide the serving staff of
restaurants with face shield, hand gloves and face mask to wear while serving food to
27. Kitchen management: In the kitchen, the staff should follow physical distancing
norms at workplace. Kitchens area must be sanitized at regular intervals. Kitchen
should have hand washing facility, soaps and sanitizers for kitchen staff.
28. Gaming Arcade protocols: Gaming Arcades/ Children play areas (wherever
applicable) shall function in accordance with the SOPs of the State government.
29. In case of a suspect or confirmed case in the premises, the person should be
immediately isolated and immediately inform the nearest medical facility
(hospital/clinic) or call the state or district helpline.