Guwahati, May 5: In view of a spike in COVID19 positive cases at a test positivity rate more than 10% in certain areas of Kamrup Metropolitan district, the district magistrate today declared containment zone in three Wards under Guwahati Municipal Corporation with effect from 2 pm on May 6 until further order.
Containment zones have been declared in Ward No. 28, 16 and 8 prohibiting any unauthorized entry and exit from these areas during the containment period.
All government/private offices, education institutions and business establishments other than exempted category will remain close during the containment period.
Following exemptions, however, have been granted inside those Wards during the containment period:
• Movement of officials engaged in emergency and essential services.
• Banks, insurance offices and ATMs
• Grocery/milk/fruit shops will operate from 8 AM to 12 noon maintaining COVID protocols.
• Medicine shops, veterinary clinics and animal feed shops.
• Mobile vending of vegetables/fish and meat.
• Movement of people with medical emergency.
• Home delivery of essential commodities including e-commerce till 6 pm
• Dealers of essential commodities to function till 2 pm.
• Operation of Petrol pump, LPG dealerships, manufacturing units of essential commodities, telecommunications, internet services, broadcasting and cable services, IT and IT enabled services, warehouses and cold storages.