GuwahatI, May12: As the positivity rate of COVID-19 cases in the urban and adjacent areas has shown a considerable surge during the last few days there is an urgent need for stricter COVID containment measures. Assam State Disaster Management Authority (ASDMA) has vide order of 04-05-2021 issued consolidated and revised guidelines for all districts for containment of COVID-19 pandemic in the state.
The ASDMA, has given the following directives which will be applicable in respect of urban areas and adjacent areas within 5 km radius from the periphery of municipal corporation / municipal boards / revenue towns which shall come into force with effect from 5 AM of May 13, 2021, until further orders.
1. All shops and commercial establishments shall shut down at 1 PM on all days.
2. Weekly haats / bazaars shall not be allowed for 15 days.
3. Restaurants, Dhabas and other eateries can entertain dine-in guest only up to 1 PM after which only home delivery of food will be allowed.
4. Restaurants operating within a Hotel or Resort can allow outside guests up to 1 PM only after which only in-house guests of the Hotel/Resort may be given room service.
5. Delivery of essential goods through e-Commerce may continue with observance of COVID appropriate behavior.
6. Cold storages and warehouses may continue after 1PM. However, sale counters, showrooms etc. attached to these warehouses or cold storages
shall not operate after 1PM.
7. Pharmacies, Hospitals, Animal Care Centres and Veterinary clinics may operate without restrictions being providers of essential and emergency services.
8. All Educational Institutions including Schools/Colleges/Universities must provide quality virtual options. No physical classes shall be allowed for 15 days.
9. All offices both Government and Non-Government shall shut down for 15 days.
10. Government / semi government officers in the rank of Deputy Secretary and above and senior executives in Non-Government sector along with their key support staff will be allowed to attend office upto 1 PM only for emergency and However, 9 and 10 above will not be applicable for organizations rendering
Essential/Emergency Services, Law Enforcement Services and Election work.
11. In case the test positivity of COVID-19 in any area reaches 5% or more in the last one week, District Magistrate will notify such areas as containment zone and ensure necessary containment measures for COVID-19 as envisaged in MOHFW, Gol advisory dated 25th April, 2021 annexed with MHA order dated 29th April, 2021 (Annexure-A).
12. Marriages and religious functions will be only private affairs and be allowed with presence of maximum of 10 (ten) persons. No reception parties will be allowed post or pre marriage.
13. Funeral / last rites related gatherings shall not be more than 10 persons.
14. All Religious places shall remain closed for 15 days. However, the religious head of a religious place or his representative may perform minimal religious rituals/prayers
15. All public transport will be allowed to operate nly upto 30% of seating capacity.
16. Auto Rickshaws, cycle rickshaws and taxis shall operate with one driver and two passengers.
17. Pillion riding will be totally prohibited in two wheelers, except with women and children.
18. All vehicles other than government vehicles will be allowed to ply in accordance with an odd- even formula to be decided by the jurisdictional District Disaster Management Authority between 5AM to 2PM. However, this restriction shall not apply to personal vehicles used for medical emergencies.
19. There shall be total ban on movement of individuals from 2 PM to 5 AM daily, except for exemptions specified in Order No. ASDMA 28/2021/63 dated 4th May, 2021.
20. In respect of areas not covered by this order, the regulations given vide order No. ASDMA.28/2021/63 dated 4th May, 2021 shall remain in force.